The Communications Department is responsible for the District’s newsletter and media releases, brochures, website content, district relations and other information activities. We depend on ideas and information from each campus and from our district patrons, and we welcome your suggestions.
Steve Robertson is a former journalist with the local print media and former federal public information officer during the transition from the military draft to today's professional military. At his last assignment he was responsible for advertising and promotions for the Little Rock Army Recruiting Command.
Mr. Robertson joined Cape Girardeau Public Schools in 2008 and he and his wife, Mary, have two children who are graduates of Cape Central High School: Christopher, class of ‘93, and Elizabeth, class of '02.
The Communications Department has earned the following recognition:
- National Award of Merit, Celebrating 100 Years video,2012 (in cooperation with Randy McWilson),
- National Honorable Mention, You’re On Our Turf Now magazine ad, 2012(in cooperation with Kris Oliveira, Beth Poyner and Cheekwood Studio)
- Missouri Award of Commendation, Faces of Success brochure, 2011
- Missouri Award of Commendation, Marching Ahead with Distinction magazine ad, 2011 (in cooperation with Kris Oliveira and Beth Poyner)
- Missouri Award of Merit, Tiger Times newsletter, 2010
- Missouri Award of Merit, District website, 2010 (in cooperation with Kris Oliveira)
- Missouri Award of Excellence, District video, 2010 (in cooperation with Randy McWilson)
- Missouri Rookie of the Year, 2009-2010