The Mission of Cape Girardeau Public Schools is to:
Educate every student to be a successful, responsible citizen.
A community of learners focused on success.
Every student…every day!
- Work together in collaborative teams to teach the District curriculum.
- Engage students through the use of instructional strategies identified as best practices.
- Constantly monitor student learning through the use of formative and summative assessments and the review of student performance data.
- Provide intervention strategies, including re-teaching and reassessing, for students who do not demonstrate proficiency.
- Provide enrichment opportunities for ALL students.
- Provide a positive learning environment by establishing and teaching high behavioral expectations.
- Maintain our schools in a safe and orderly manner.
- Incorporate technology into the instructional process.
- Evaluate all staff each year to identify areas of growth and needed improvement.
- Engage in meaningful professional development to continuously improve student learning.
- Maintain communication between school and home.
- Promote community involvement in our schools.