Welcome to Cape Girardeau Public Schools
New Student Registration Page!
(Please read ... new online process beginning January 30, 2017)
Whether you have a child who is getting ready to go to Pre-Kindergarten or Kindergarten, or you have recently relocated to the Cape Girardeau area and need to enroll your school age children into the district, we hope that the resources on this page will assist you in providing a smooth transition for them. Be sure to check the other sections of the Cape Schools website for district news and information.
To enroll a student in Cape Girardeau Public Schools, you and your child must be residing within the district boundaries. District Map
Acceptance into the Pre-K program is through application only and students are accepted on a first come, first served basis. New applications for Pre-K fall enrollment will be posted on our website and made available in our Central Administration Office in January of each year.
Once a student has been accepted into the Pre-K program, the parents will be contacted and given information about the registration process. Registration typically takes place in the summer and will include both the three step registration process outlined below and the child's developmental assessment. Parents will shcedule an appointment to bring the child in for a developmental assessment and to complete the registration process.
Please check back on this website for updates regarding dates and contact information.
Registration for Kindergarten students is held in the spring. This process will include both the three step registration process outlined below and a developmental assessment of the child. Once the dates for Kindergarten registration are confirmed, they will be published on this wesite along with a phone number to call to schedule an appointment.
If a student has been enrolled in Kindergarten in another district and relocates to Cape Girardeau, you will follow the same process outlined in the following section for students in grades 1-12.
Students in Grades 1-12
This category includes all new students including students who have been enrolled at Cape Schools in the past, transferred out to another district and have returned.
The Three Step Registration Process:
All registrations will be initiated using our Infinite Campus Online Registration system. Please follow the steps below to complete the registration process.
NOTICE! Please complete the online registration and the additional forms before your scheduled appointment. Failure to do so may result in the forfeiture of your appointment time.
Step 1: Online Registration: Enter the required information in our online registration system in one of the following ways:
- Use this online registration link to access it from your home computer or ...
- Use one of the kiosk computers at the district's Central Administration Office to complete online registration
Step 2: Additional Forms: Complete the "Additional Forms" by choosing one of the following options:
- Print the forms and complete them from the "Additional Forms" link above or ...
- Pick up the forms from the Central Administration Office and complete them
Step 3: Registration Appointment: Call the Central Administration Office to schedule an appointment to meet with the Registrar.
Remember, you will need to complete the Online Registration AND the Additional Forms before your scheduled appointment.
Carrie Lattimer - Registrar
Central Administration Office
You will need to bring the following documents to this appointment:
- Completed "Additional Forms" packet(s) - One for each student
- Student's Original Birth Certificate (or passport, visa, hospital record)
- Student's Immunization Record (must be provided before child can attend)
- Student's Social Security Card (provision of SSN is voluntary)
- Parent/Guardian Photo ID
- Proof of Residency (utility bill/agreement, rental agreement/receipt, property tax statement for the residence, real estate contract)
- If you are unable to provide proof of residency in your name because you are living with another person/family, then the person with whom you are living should also attend the meeting with the registrar and provide proof of residency in his/her name.